Sunday, September 10, 2006

Something from one of my bastard blogs

Just read this: Suicide....

I don't post there often, but for this Fall I will be featuring artists who have committed suicide. This is not a way of glamorizing it. I understand certain things about this act that I will not talk about here. All I will say is that it is one of the most terrible and tragic acts a person can commit, not to mention incredibly selfish.

I added Vera as a contributor, so she will also have some posts in the future. The blog is mainly my little respite where I can gush about the loud music that I like.

8 comments:

Sun Follower said...

Will look forward to it in all it's harmonic moroseness.

Chris Wilson said...

What is it about many creative people that causes them to end their lives? It seems like the guy you're profiling didn't just want to curl up and die, he wanted to make a statement. Is that it? Is killing yourself the ultimate statement?

The Grunt said...

You're right, Chris. Ian Curtis was really into the idea of dying young. I think the impending divorce just motivated him more. I forgot to mention that he was an epileptic and that his ability to perform on stage was being diminished by the seizures.

LindzyPinzy said...

yah a lot of creative people end thier lives..also by losing battles against addiction. Its so sad and tragic. I didnt realize u had this music blog I look forward to checking it out........music makes me happy:)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Very interesting read there. The complexity of having it all, yet not wanting to live is mind boggling. I guess it IS the ultimate statement to make. But I really don't get what that statement is.

Logophile said...

Loud music good
Johnny Depp good
Vera good
And Logo saw all that he had made, and she declared it good.

Me Myself and I said...

I hardly have time to keep up with ONE blog, and look at you!

Jay said...

Are we counting Mama Cass as a suicide?