Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This post is brought to you by my favorite, sunny, goodtime movie: "The Deer Hunter"

Oooooooh, this scene here is where Christopher Walken's character really gets messed up for life, yo! Or, rather, finds his true calling. By the way, I always bet on red when playing this kind of roulette.
As usual, Bobby here has to play all Mr. Tough Guy, and he does it sooooo well in this movie. Bobby was like the Michael Jordan of mayhem in this scene. He even makes Rambo look like a pussy-sucka chump! Yes, they were motha fucka's, and they all did die. Take that Mr. Motherfuckin' Samuel L. Jackson.
Ah, the disconnected look in Mr. Walken's face here is just classic--not to mention the fashionable, red communist headband. That's what chasing the dragon will do to you, kiddies. Playing Russian Roulette as a way to support a drug habit is just plain cool, too. Take note of that, all you aspiring junkies. Why ride a horse with no name when you can take old trigger out for a trot, eh? That pun worked on multiple levels. I know you just wet yourself in sheer delight.

Diddy Mow!

Blammo!!!

Oscar gold, my friends...Oscar gold. Probably because Meryl Streep was so hot in this movie. Yeah, I think it is one of my faves. You all probably think I'm smokin' horse hair and kitty litter, but it is so true.

13 comments:

Clearlykels said...

Sounds like a good recommendation.

Jules said...

I dunno - it sounds pretty intense. I'd have to be in the right mood for this one, I think, but maybe I'll give it a try some day. Walken looks so young compared to now!! He scares me at the best of times, just the way he looks!

Jules

Jay said...

One shot. That's what it's all about. One shot.

Scott said...

Such a brilliant actor. Love Walken, gotta have more cowbell.

Scott

Me Myself and I said...

never seen it. But I dolove The Walken!

Christielli said...

I've never seen this movie either...

Sun Follower said...

This is a great movie - director Cimino's best. And all the actors in it went on to become some of the best in film (except John Cazale, RIP).

NiolK said...

"Your daddy....hid this watch....in his ass..."

Shit wrong film.

Chris Wilson said...

Pulp Fiction was the quintessential Walken role!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

I haven't seen this movie either.

But I will say that Walken is like the creepiest dude ever. Maybe you should interview him along with Frankenstein and Dracula for a Halloween Special of Grunt Ahoy!

Logophile said...

Never seen it,
prolly never will.
But I did like the pun, well done.
Only a 7.5 from the French judge though.

The Grunt said...

Kels~ It is probably a flick that would be more of a manly man's film, but it is top notch.

Jules~ It is intense. Wear safety glasses.

JJ~Yeah, you've seen it. Pretty out there at the end.

G-Hobbs~ And those dog's bollocks have been dipped in petrol and set alight!

Scott~ No doubt about it!

Celeste~ He is at his freakiest at the end. He plays fairly innocent at the start.

Christielli~ It is good, but you either love this movie, or hate it.

Sun~ You have restored my faith in women. Yes, this is a great movie with great actors!

Niolk~ That's ok. That is another great film that I will take with me when I die. I will also take some clean underwear and my guitar. Hey, you never know.

Chris~ What? No one has seen "Envy"? That was awful.

O-Girl~ Walken is creepy, creepy good.

Logo~ The last look from Walken is a 10. Diddy mow! Mow!!!

Anonymous said...

You thought Meryl Streep was hot. ha ha ha

Unless that is part of the joke - in which case, good one!