Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Me and Clyde

I've talked about him enough times, so I thought I'd put up or shut up. Nothin' too fancy, but you should have seen him before I rescued him from the crusher. I've welded a whole new floor, rockers, cab corners, and various other cracks and holes. New door, hood, and fenders--you have to be resourceful and skilled. And to think, that pretty metallic green paint job is now all scratched up from hitting the trails. That's what they are made for. If gas prices weren't so high, I was planning to drop a 502 Bowtie block in it and really let the road have it. Is having over 540 horsepower excessive? I didn't think so at the time, but only getting 8 miles to the gallon, at best, is not where it's at now. I'll take my warmed-up 350 any day, with its 13 mpg. It has lots of grunt!

9 comments:

Nessa said...

Clyde is hot. Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

awwwww, he's just cute!!

Scott said...

Yeah, that is about what I was picturing.

Scott

Crystal said...

1st - 540 horsepower? i think i just had an orgasm.

2nd - you can write and work on cars? i think i just had another orgasm.

look at you! two orgasms within less than a minute and you didn't even have to try. which is more than i can say for most men.

note: when a girl says "OH GOD YES!" - she's faking it. really good orgasms leave a woman incapable of speech. just so you know.

The Grunt said...

Goldennib~ I'm feeling better, yes. Thanks.

Vera~ See, I told ya so!

Scott~ Of course, a guy would know his trucks.

Crystal~ I knew I could, given an opportunity.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

You really are amazing...welding stuff, fixing cars/trucks, writing like a mad man, getting your lung back in the right place, giving chicks the big O--over the INTERNET no less!
Wow...
Clyde is cool, except for the gas mileage-- but all beauty has a price...
;)

Chris Wilson said...

Can we have a nice round of applause for Crystal, ladies and gentlemen? That was quite a show. Just wait for her encore.

Grunt- 8 miles or 12 miles? Hmm. That's 4 more miles. 4 miles takes you what? 2 or 3 minutes? Seems like a mighty small amount of time not to truly enjoy yourself. You're a smart fella. Why don't you drop the big block in there and rework it so you up the mileage a bit. Maybe run it a little lean. But you still have that giddyup that fighter pilots are looking for.

Queue_t said...

he is smashing, love those big blocks in big trucks.

being of western senseabilities- I just like guys in pick um up trucks. My guy had one when we were just dating! mmmmmhmmmnnn

glad to read here your lung is back in its rightful place and you are feeling a bit better.

I didn't post to your lanyard question cause I think it is a personal issue !

Chief Scientist said...

As long as it's not gallons to the mile, I say you are doing okay.