Friday, December 21, 2007

Wish I were feeling better

I've got a sinus cold. It really sucks to have this on top of all the other nastiness that just having chemo brings. I was in for my nuepogen injection today and consulted the head nurse about my condition. She said that as long as I'm not running a fever that I just need to take care of myself like a normal cold. If I do get a fever I have to go straight to the ER. Right now I just feel as though someone has shot a bunch of warm jello up into my sinuses. I cough a bit here and there as well. Loads of fun, I tells ya.

Anyway, sorry about no TIGF!!! I just have not been feeling in any kind of silly mood to do that sort of thing. I need prayers and anything that you feel will bring me some healing sent my way--thoughts, and etc. I get worried that somehow I won't get over a silly cold like this. When something major is going on and then you get hit with one more thing it tends to topple you some.

I can't wait until I am through with this stuff.

10 comments:

Christielli said...

You will get over your cold. Cancer can't stop you, so there's no way that a cold will.

Feel better soon, and I hope that you find joy this holiday season.

Jules said...

Sweet Babe... I pray for you daily and send your my healing thoughts by each passing minute! You will get passed your cold, because you've come to far in this battle not to!

((tender hug))

Scott said...

Feel better brother. Have the best Holiday!

Chandra said...

Hmm something funny... I just saw about 500 men at the sound of music and singing along?

I actually did get a hippopatamous for Christmas last year! (He was a stuffed animal though).... oh and at my age I still don't even like to attempt to correct myself when typing that word.

I read "though someone has shot a bunch of warm jello up into my BUTT" I admit I did giggle and then thought WHOA doesn't sound right. Then honestly wondered what it would feel like for that... and then what about swimming in a big pool of jello. It would have to be orange I think for me... what about you? OR swimming in 7up... would you float... would you sink.. these are the 60 minute kind of questions we really want to know!

Are the head nurses in your neck of the woods hot? Just wondered if it was a country thing?

Queue_t said...

your jello comment made me laugh and be sympathetic at the same time. You know you are consantly in my prayers.
This too shall pass and you will be cancer free sooner than you think!
Mucho love and hugs your way kiddo. I am pulling for you.
QT

NYD said...

Hey buddy. I hope you got the kind words I sent to you as I was flying over head. Actually I don't know if we flew over your house. the map thingy you find in most airplanes was broken in mine.

I caught a cold while travelling and I feel as if someone shoved a brick into my nostril. I could go for some Jello

Tys on Ice said...

how u feeling now?...

i insist u hve a great christmas and a great new year...i intend to surprise u with some virtual gifts ...well, its not a surprise anymore is it?

theres a saying in my home town, it goes like : whts born in fire cannot wilt in the sun...

u will be fine...

Sun Follower said...

It's like one of those things that's far away in the beginning and then gets closer and closer and then it's in sight and then you start reaching for it but can't seem to grab it... and now it is here, just inches from reach.

Me Myself and I said...

I guess we can forgive you for the lack of TIGF just this once ;)

Sending LOTS of good thoughts your way. I actually just posted a new post! You must have been a good little kick in the butt for me ;)

SIMON said...

A very Happy Christmas