Saturday, June 09, 2007

I'm playin' Scary's Punchline game an' you can play too!

Why does the easter bunny hide his eggs?

Update: Here is the link to Scary Monster's post that describes the game: The Punchline Game. The punchline to the joke posted above is in the comment section of Scary Monster's post--it's my second comment.

P.S. I updated the You Tube clip on my sidebar. It's Gilbert O'Sullivan in his early "schoolboy" days before he made it big with his poodle hair and cardigans. I do like "Alone again, naturally" from his poodle years, but I must go with this gem, "Nothing Rhymed". I lament the production arrangements of the string section that seemed to accompany a lot of good songs like this one. I like strings when done less schmaltzy, but with this song especially, I would love it if it were just Gilbert and his piano. In my own music I borrow the core of songs like this, of Nick Drake, and Harry Nilsson. It is funny because you should hear what I sometimes listen to versus what I write and compose. Check out the band Dissection if you think I'm just a big wuss. On second thought, it's probably best that you don't. Just ask Vera about it.

12 comments:

Nessa said...

His own personal fertility clinic?

Serena said...

That's funny.:-)

The Grunt said...

Nessa~ I like it!

Serena~ Ha, this is fun.

Sun Follower said...

For the same reason we all do.... so the IRS won't take them!

Sun Follower said...

I commented before I read all of SM's rules on how to play... but... that's kind of funny, isn't it? :D

The Grunt said...

Sun~ HAHA, I love it. I also love that you went ahead without reading the instructions. That is so like me.

Princess Banter said...

I've always wondered why the Easter Bunny always has eggs when it isn't even capable of laying them ;) Would be funny if we had Easter Chickens instead huh?

Nessa said...

There are rules?

The Grunt said...

PB~ Easter Chickens would make too much noise hiding the eggs.

Nessa~ Yes, just like in Candyland.

Scary Monster said...

Good stompin Cap'n. glad you got around to workin out the idea of the post.

Sun can still come by and play.

Anonymous said...

Far beyond all light
Within the black and the coldest breeze
Caressed by the dark, I had my sleep

Awakened by the moon
Nocturnal life, my powers to be
Keeping myself alive by sucking your mortals blood...



yehhhhh baby!

/vera

The Grunt said...

SM~ It was a real gas, mate, a real gas!

Vera~ Will you marry me?