Sunday, December 21, 2008

My favorite Christmas story

This is a short segment from David Lynch's film Wild At Heart.

The concert went well. I came straight from work to the concert. It was snowing real bad all day long and I was wet and cold. I had time to set up my gear but didn't have any time to warm up or rehearse. My rig sounded superb. I used my Strat and Li'l Bastard, the amp I built. The first number was a bit rough, but we looked good and salvaged it with grace. After that, things went well. Everybody involved did a great job. I wish I had some pictures but I was so focused on getting through the performance that I didn't take pictures. I'll see what I can do. This wasn't a huge deal, but it was fun. Plus, it was good for me to get out on stage and play. I plan on doing more of that.

I will get around to visit you all soon.

10 comments:

The Grunt said...

I like chicken...
I like liver...
Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver!

Christielli said...

Glad that the concert went well.

Hope your Christmas goes equally as well. :D

Jules said...

I'm glad you had a great time!!! I wish there was a video of you playing on stage to see, though!

Logophile said...

wooo hoo!
I was there, in the back, and I didnt notice anything in the first tune, it was pure awesomeness from beginning to end.
...
yeah, so Im a liar but still!
I would have said that if I HAD been there

NYD said...

Too bad about the weather. Even worse that we can't see you in action, on the stage, that is.

BTW Did you ever finish building the guitar you were working on a while back?

NYD said...

Too bad about the weather. Even worse that we can't see you in action, on the stage, that is.

BTW Did you ever finish building the guitar you were working on a while back?

The Grunt said...

Grunt~ Meow. Meow. Meow. Meow.

Christielli~ Me too!

Jules~ Well, I'm talking to the kid in the band that I was there in support of and his mom took some video. I'll see what I can do.

Logo~ You were there in spirit, haunting the late comers.

NYD~ I'm hoping that there is video of my performance. All of the people that I invited didn't come. See how loved I am? That guitar project was put on hold for a couple of months. I'm hoping to finish it this week.

Chandra said...

If I don't talk to you between now and Christmas day, have a wonderful holiday.
I wish I could have been there even if it was only instrumental.
Are you practicing writing cat jingle commericals?? lol

Scott said...

Great to hear that you got out and played live. That takes some balls!

Merry Christmas.

The Grunt said...

Chandra~ Merry Christmas back at ya! I would love a gig doing jingles for cat commercials.

Scott~ The nervousness I can deal with. It's the blanking out that is the hard part. Seriously, I get up there and right in the middle of something its, "What in the hell is going on right now? Where am I? Shit, now I'm behind (or missed a note)! All the while I'm trying to get these two huge baked hams of mine to play 1/16 and 1/32 notes in unison with the other guy. I should have stuck to rhythm. It was good for me to do something that wasn't my bag--the choice and style of music. It helped me become a better player.