Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Some stuff, oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This one is for NYD, who asked about my guitar project that I started at the end of the summer. Well, I put that aside for awhile, but I decided that while I was off work for the holidays that it would be a good time to finish it. You can see that I've shielded the body cavities with copper foil to help reduce noise and radio interference. The neck has been taped to protect the maple's lacquer while I level, dress, and polish the frets. Not pictured is the bone nut that I have put in and will be slotting for the strings. The tuners are giving me problems. I had to drill very small pilot holes for the mounting screws in the hard rock maple. I broke off a drill bit in the wood and a couple of screws. So, it is going to be a major pain in the ass to extract those without collateral damage. I must say that you have to love doing this kind of stuff in order for it to be worth it. If you are just interested in saving money, this is not the way to go. But like I said before, this will be done exactly how I wanted and by me.

Going back to shaping and slotting the nut on this guitar, bone really stinks. I mean, when you start filing and sanding bone it gives off this ungodly odor. It smells like barber hair that caught on fire inside a defiled and dried out gym sock. Well, maybe not that bad, but hell.

I like eggs. I need eggs. That is why I put up with so much shit.

Um, the tale of two cities never mentioned their village idiots that buggered each other just to spite the mayors.

Jean Claude Van Damme is a good movie. Check it out if you can. The theater that I went to to see this has its own resident cat that wanders around everywhere. It's just about the coolest damn cat alive.

The new Metallica album is not too loud, you pussies.

Having the theater's cat walk between your legs while you are using the urinal is an odd experience. I think it likes me. I promise that I did not drip on it.

Argento, Bava, and Fulci are just a few of my favorite things.

Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe one of your friends may be imaginary because they are never around when your other friends or family are around? I still need them, even if they are imaginary.

There will never be a raccoon flavored ice cream.

Fin.

10 comments:

Sun Follower said...

FA LA LA LA LA...LA LA LA LA

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

You never said that you got that CD. You must really hate it. I'll tell them that you told me they suck.

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Merry Christmas!

Being a huge ice cream fan myself, I am relieved to know there will never be racoon flavor.

But you might be able to find roadkill possum flavor in my neck of the woods if you know where to look.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the guitar update...one day you'll be performing with it in another concert! leigh

The Grunt said...

Sun~ Sis-boom-bah!

Julie~ I am really sorry that I spaced on letting you know what I thought of the CD that you sent. It is good Zombie fun, especially the song where the singer commands the dead to rise. Thanks a ton. To make up for not getting back to you, I will send a CD your way.

O-Girl~ Possum? Nice!

Leigh~ I plan on it!

Chris Wilson said...

Hey an 80 year old man was threatening to kick my ass. Instead of letting him prove it, I backed away, giving him the parking space he figured I jacked from him. Do you think I did the right thing, or should I have dropped him like a bad pun?

NYD said...

Happy Holidays, Grunty!
I hope that all goes well for you and yours.

Stay cool.

P.S. Drilling into hardrock maple has got to be an insane task. That guitar is going to be quite hefty!

Jules said...

Merry Christmas, Grunty!

Yeah, sorry about that whole imaginary friend appearance I put on. I can only stop in every now and then, I have family obligations here you know. It's not my fault your peeps are never around to see me!

HAHAHAHA!!! I crack me up.
Love you, have a great holiday!
xoxox

Scott said...

sounds like a great theatre.

Happy Festivus.

The Grunt said...

Chris~ As much as you would have liked to have kicked this senior citizen's ass, I feel that you did the right thing. My suggestion is to know your gypsy curses and use them wisely--like on douche bags like this guy.

NYD~ Thanks! The neck is the only part that is hard rock maple. The body is on the light side and of a different wood. You don't know heavy until you've played a 14 pound Les Paul for an hour or two. I like sustain, but not that much.

Jules~ Yeah, you are the cheeky one that likes to get me in trouble.

Scott~ It is the coolest one in SLC and it is indie all the way.