Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Escape to Escalante

The next four days I will be in the slot canyon capitol of the world. I am horribly out of shape and will probably keel over from exhaustion within the first few miles. My back has been giving me trouble, but to hell with it, I am going anyway. After the summer that I've had I need to enjoy myself, even if it ends up killing me. There's nothing like telling people that you are off to venture into Little Death Hollow for a bit of R&R.

A bit of the random for ye:

I have an idea for something that would serve as an energy source and as a fashion statement: the photosytheshirt. When you wear this shirt you will get all your energy needs via sunlight. The downside is that birds and squirrels will nest in you and try to gather your nuts, even if you don't have them. On the plus side, sort of, dogs will really like you and hippies will hug you.

I was digging around my parent's storage unit to see if I could find my high school yearbooks and I found my trusty BB gun from way back when. Upon handling it, I had the sudden urge to visit my old neighborhood and shoot out the windows of all the homes of the people that were dicks. Good sense prevailed and I just went up in the hills and shot beer bottles and grasshoppers.

Dogs know the secret of steel. They don't tell anyone the secret because they can't stop thinking about bacon.

See yous laters!

5 comments:

Christielli said...

Hope you have a great time on your mini vacay. You deserve it!

I love the idea of a photsynshirt. Of course, I would. I'm a professional science nerd!

Oh, I got this really good album called "Mountain Meadows" by Elliot Brood. I think the title is based on some Utah massacre? But it's a really great album. I suspect you might like it.

Sun Follower said...

beer bottles and grasshoppers... why, you'll shoot your eye out! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Megan said...

FUN! I'll be here, in my f'ing bathroom, tiling away, and inhaling grout dust. I hope it's a great little getaway. Dogs are a bunch of bastards.

Chandra said...

" BB gun from way back when. Upon handling it, I had the sudden urge to visit my old neighborhood and shoot out the windows of all the homes of the people that were dicks. Good sense prevailed ..."

I think of things like that everyday... nice to know I'm not alone. I think I need to go on a vacation too. Have a wonderful time and hope you take some nice photos so the rest of us can feel like we were on it to!

Jules said...

Here I thought, great idea for a shirt... and I'm safe wearing it, i don't have balls. Then I read the next line. You killed my dream, Grunty... ;OP

xo