Thursday, April 28, 2011

What kind of post would Jebus write?

I've had one of those days where I was given a "helper" to assist me with moving and setting up some new offices. This guy likes to keep asking you what he should do. I then tell him and then he follows up with, "So, I'm supposed to ____, then do this?" My reply was always, "Yes, just like I told you before, so get to it." He would then repeat everything again and then ask me once more if that is what I wanted him to do. I would then tell him to go and do it. He would go away for a bit and then come back and say, either, "Now, you wanted me to do_______, then that?" or "I forgot what you wanted me to do so I did(the thing that I told him I didn't want him to do)."

I felt like I was dealing with another version of the mystery "How many licks does it take to get to the middle of a Tootsie Pop", only mine was, "How many freakin' times do I have to tell this dipshit what to do and how to do it before he actually does it?" I had a feeling that I wasn't given help; rather, I was given a lummox to tend. This guy is my age and married with three kids. I feel for his wife--this example is only a particle of the unbelievable stupidity he is responsible for. On the plus side, when it doesn't effect me, hearing of his mishaps is hi-larious!

I can't wait to blow this joint and go work with the ladies at the nail salon.

6 comments:

Jules said...

The nail salon? Did I miss something?

There's a limit to everyone's threshold for this type of behavior. I used to work with a guy who just wouldn't shut up.... and it was the same series of conversation over and over again. I began to dread Friday's.

Queue_t said...

Hang in there - The nail salon may be a fun place if you like feet

Christielli said...

You must have to wonder why his wife chose him, no?

Logophile said...

I have a theory about people like this,
if you hurt them badly enough they will stop it.
Now, I'm not suggesting you should DO that, after all, it's just my theory.

;)

Sun Follower said...

This sounds like incompetence at its best. God bless Amercia!

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Wow, sounds like a fun guy to work with!

Just remember that purples and metallics are the "in" colors while working at the nail salon. Also if you inhale the acrylic remover long enough, you might become more like your "helper". Just be careful of that.