Thursday, January 28, 2010

A video clip from my October trip to Escalante

This video was taken at Jacob Hamblin Arch in Coyote Gulch, about forty miles southeast of Escalante, Utah. The hike was great, once you got out of about five miles of sandy washes. This canyon's walls are massive. It is hard to get the correct scale of things in this video clip.

Escalante is riddled with terrain like this, including many various death traps and fun stuff. It's my kind of place. Just take a lot of water with you and don't trust the boy scouts. They kind of go a bit feral when they are set loose out here.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Wow. It's gorgeous. And it's just nice to know that the sun is shining somewhere.

Logophile said...

Boy scouts aren't to be trusted in society either.
You should hear about the things they do to brownies!

:p

Had a really rough day today. One at a time,etc. I know, but man,
the process still sucks.

Jules said...

Looks beautiful, I can definitely see the attraction!

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

The Grunt said...

Julie~ The desert down there is otherworldly. I can't get enough of it. The prospect of being able to not hike down there is the sole reason that I have not let myself become Orson Wells fat.

Logo~ Hang in there. I will have to call sometime soon.

Jules~ It is very beautiful but very deadly. It's what fun is!

Anonymous~ I will have to disagree. Sorry.