Saturday, February 05, 2011

Which way is up?

Lately, I've been taking extra work where I can and my schedule has been all over the place as a result. Some days, I will only work for four hours and another day be working thirteen, mostly being a mover. I have never been in a position to have had much status associated with what I do for a living, so taking scraps isn't a big deal for me. It would be nice to have a job where people would actually not be inclined to disassociate themselves from me for fear of the smell. I get that feeling, like I'm an over the hill actor who's been type cast. Well, I'll have to keep at it and maybe I'll land a better part.

The decision was made last night for my mother to stop treatment. Her oncologist felt that the risk of going through chemotherapy was not worth her quality of life suffering as a result. How long my mother will hang on for is not known.

Well, that pretty much sums up my life at the moment.

5 comments:

Christielli said...

As always, you, your mom, and your family are in my prayers right now.

vera said...

*sigh* i fucking hate cancer...


<3 vera

jason said...

Hey Grunt-o. I'll be continuing to keep you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.

The Grunt said...

Christielli~ Thanks, I really do appreciate it.

Vera~ It is such a horrible disease. I wish it weren't so common. I'll take a future with a cure for cancer over flying cars any day.

Jason~ Hey man, this does me good to have your support.

tys said...

i dont pray but i do light a lamp every morning..may ur mother find the comfort she needs in u...my thoughts have been with u..