Monday, February 21, 2011

This song was performed at my mother's funeral service on Saturday. It was a beautiful service. Many came to pay their respects. The weather wasn't ideal, but everything went well. I held it together up until my oldest niece and I were talking. I asked her what she was going to name her daughter when she is born; she said that her name would be Lily Marilyn. I was deeply touched by this. I know it's just a middle name, but it just meant so much to me.

Anyway, I also found out yesterday, from a man (he used to be my scout master) who works for the funeral home, that his son was the one who did all of the grave preparations and burial of my mother. I took it upon me to thank his son. After doing so, pretty much all of the emotion that I'd been holding back came flowing out. I don't know why it should be so emotional because the guy got paid. I suppose it is because I know that this kid knew my mother to an extent--having someone that you know do this means a bit more.


Well, I know that you've had to put up with many posts in the last year of me grieving my sister. Now you'll have to put up with my grieving process again. Thanks for sticking with me.

6 comments:

Christielli said...

I'm glad that the funeral service went well, and that you are getting some of your emotions out too.

I'll always stick around this blog!

Unknown said...

This song really touched me at the funeral. I'm glad you posted this version. Let me know when you're ready for a cousin hang out.

tys said...

hey. (thats a cyber touch on ur shoulder)

vera said...

I couldn't imagine 'sticking by' anyone better than you, Grunto. I'm always here for you, even if I'm just lurking, and I'm only a text away.

<3 Vera

The Grunt said...

Christielli~ You are a true Gruntonian.

Cuz~ Yes, we will definitely need to do the cousin hang out.

Tys~ I get by with a little help from my "half way around the world" friends.

Vera~ You are the perfect lurker. I know you are always there and still ready to debate with me the mysteries of the universe.

Jules said...

God Bless..