Thursday, November 03, 2005

Weasel Killer

I killed a weasel today. This is not a joke. I was blowing some leaves along a parking strip and this weasel pops out of a hole in the lawn right in front of me. I had the leaf blower right in front of it when it came out and the poor weasel got blown right into the street, where a car ran it over. I can honestly say that I feel bad about it. I guess I didn't kill it, but am responsible for it's death. I can't say much more because there might be some litigation from the weasels' family. R.I.P., Mr. Weasel, ?--November 3rd, 2005.

6 comments:

Special K said...

The weasel deserved it.

Bad_Libby said...

Sometimes, when I mow my gopher infested lawn I am afraid a gopher will pop it's head out of it's hole right when I am above and get it's head chopped off by the blade.

Garden equipment is just not good for small mammals.

The Grunt said...

Special K, you know I just wish it could've been a real human weasel, like Kenneth Lay, or the TYCO CEO.

Bad Libby, I feel your anxiety. Is there such thing as a gopher safe lawn mower? If there is, I must buy it.

I think that if I weren't so set on having the biggest freakin' leaf blower on earth (one of those backpack ones) that the weasel would've just had a nice blast and hopped away unscathed.

Thanks for the comments! I'll keep watching your blogs as well.

oilspill said...

You KILLED it!!!Eh...who cares?

Kalie said...

Its tough to be responsible for the death of something... I killed a couple mice the other day... on purpose though, which makes me far worse of a person :D But talk about perfect timing! Who could have predicted a car would come by just in time to hit it... hmmm...

The Grunt said...

I promise there was no premeditation involved. I shot the weasel, but I swear it was in self defense!