Monday, October 10, 2011

Feelin' a bit posty and unfocused

I've had less and less to say lately. There's no one reason for it. My desire to pour my heart out to the world is something that isn't that important to me anymore. I get a feeling that what goes on in my head is best kept in there. Maybe I fear getting myself in trouble or in risk of ostracization, which would be fine with me, so long as my family doesn't disown me. I guess what I feel and think is a bit different, so sayeth the Lamb. It's not like I'm some great innovator, rich man, or guru. I'm the weird adult, who was the weird teenager, who was the odd child. I've tried to see things the way I was supposed to and I'll be honest, I couldn't see that sail boat in the 3D picture where you had to cross your eyes, either. So, I guess I am just supposed to surrender my perspective and go along with it all to make everyone happy and comfortable--whatever works. Bleh...I need to stop bitching and do something better with my life.

I think I will write a novel about Frankenstein, only he's hunkier and starts a virtuous romance with a teenage girl. If only the jocks with garden implements and torches would just leave him alone. Yeah, that's the ticket.

My latest craze has been finding abandoned mines and Native American rock art around the hills where I live. I am amazed at what I have found in my backyard, so to speak. I have found a couple of steam engines and boilers, panels of rock art, and more poison ivy and snakes than I care for. The weird thing is that in one area that I've found a network of mines recently, I had reoccurring dreams about, going as far back as ten years ago. In those dreams I was finding all sorts of holes in the mountain. Well, in real life, I did find the mines, but they are all mostly reclaimed or caved in. It's a good thing, because abandoned mines are death traps.

Okay, it's time for me to go to sleep.

8 comments:

Christielli said...

The rock art sounds cool! Mines, not so much.

Nessa Locke said...

Mine dreams? I wonder what that could mean? I'm preoccupied by dreams, you know. Whether they be mine or somebody else's doesn't seem to matter.
I like rock art. You should post some pics. Sweet Dreams!

Jules said...

Not romance with a teenage girl. That's creepy. Use young woman.. then you won't get yourself into trouble. ;)

The Grunt said...

Christielli~ My grandfather on my dad's side was a coal miner for twenty years and I got to hear stories about that way of life from him. So there is where I get my fascination for that sort of thing. Old mines are dangerous in so many ways. It's always fun to find a dangerous or angry animal living in one.

Nessa Roo~ I would gather that my sense of adventure needs to be satisfied when I have dreams like that. I will have to post some pics of the rock art. The stuff I've seen locally is not very fancy, but it is legit and still cool.

Jules~ Well, I guess I forgot to mention that it would be a teenage Frankenstein--a parody of "Twilight". Yeah, having a monster commit statutory rape wouldn't make for a fun read.

Jules said...

i want to go hiking with you someday

The Grunt said...

Cool, I need the company. I make my family and friends nervous that I go hiking alone so much.

vera said...

Grunto...

I used to think there must be something wrong with my eyes/brain because I couldn't see those stupid 3D images. Now, I realize that it's probably because my brain just doesn't function like "normal people". :D
I always feel like I have a lot to say about "stuff and junk" but when I come down to writing it out for the blog, I just usually end up scrapping any idea. Perhaps I feel I've become redundant? Perhaps I feel that maybe my geekiness and quirkiness wouldn't appeal to me, myself nor I. Hmmm. I do, sometimes, feel inspired to write something but it's usually a rant about people and what a bunch of bastards they are. ;)
At any rate. I enjoy it when you empty your heart and brain into your blog because I find you a wonderous, interesting, lovely and yes incredibly weird person. All the best ones are.
/Vera
<3

The Grunt said...

Thanks, Vera. I sometimes wonder the same things, like if I'm talking out my ass. It's good to know that I'm not:)